Hosting Terms & Conditions
i. All Domains registered by Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will be the legal property of the client. The client is the legal owner of the domain despite any contradictory registrar information. If they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will do this within 10 working days. The client may be required to pay a balance for the domain registration depending on the billing cycle for the domain.
ii. If the client wishes to transfer the domain and required Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd to fulfil this request at both ends of the transfer the standard hourly rate will apply.
iii. Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd may be required to make changes to a domain’s DNS settings in order to ‘Go-Live’. By providing access to modify a domains DNS it is agreed that the Client gives consent for the required changes to proceed.
iv. If a domain name is not purchased through Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd we cannot reregister this when it reaches its expiry date. Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd is not liable if the Client has not registered their domain when close to the expiry date resulting in the website name becoming unavailable.
v. Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd is not liable for the loss of any domains registered, as it is down to the client to make sure renewal of these items is up to date.
vi. Renewals for domains are on a yearly basis; this renewal date may not tally with the exact domain renewal. If payment for domain renewals are missed Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd may not be able to ensure the domain is not released into the open market.
2. Hosting & Servers
i. All hosting contracts are served on a minimum term of 6 months. After this point cancellation of the service can be made on a months’ notice.
ii. Hosting is billed monthly via Direct Debit. Should payments be made outside of this method, administration charges will be applied
iii. In the event that a hosting contract is cancelled before the minimum term has passed, the website will be removed from a live state.
iv. Unless otherwise agreed and included in your hosting package, Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd backup every website daily. These backups are stored on a separate data centre and access to a backup can be requested no more than twice per month by a hosting client. Further backup requests will be chargeable at the standard hourly rate to facilitate this request. In the event that recent backups are unavailable due to corruption or disk over usage, Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will use the best available backup to restore a website.
v. Infected Websites
1. Infected websites found on our servers will be immediately suspended and disabled.
2. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure:
a. The website’s software is kept up to date where possible and system backups are periodicity downloaded
b.The personal computer used to access the websites secure pages is not infected with viruses, malware or key loggers
c.The Client does not pass on sensitive data such as passwords or logins to unauthorised people or companies.
3. It is the responsibility of Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd to ensure:
a. Our servers are secure and monitored for suspicious activity
b. When websites are uploaded to our servers we will ensure they are free from viruses and malware.
c. Regular backups are taken for websites (if included in a hosting package)
4. In the event of a ‘non-malicious’ or ‘Client not at fault’ attack Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will remove any infected files and ensure website are live and functional as best as possible. However it must be agreed that in-order to resolve any threats various sites may be temporally disabled for a period of time.
5. Should a website need to be restored to a backup version, it must be agreed that any changes made to the website since this backup will be lost and irretrievable.
3. Hosting SLA (Service Licence Agreement)
i. Response time
1. Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will aim to answer phone calls logged between 9:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday . This only includes our main studio line +44 1284 706842
2. Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will aim to reply to emails logged between 9:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday within 24 hours. This only includes our main studio email address firstname.lastname@example.org
3. For any errors logged between 9:00 – 17:30 we aim for them to be resolved within 48 hours. This excludes any errors that are as of a result of the client. Resolution includes Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd uploading a back-up of a previous version of the website
ii. Server up time and Financial Credit
Monthly Availability Credit Percentage (based on hosting package)
100% – 99.9% 0%
99.9% – 99.0% 10%
99.0% – 95.0% 20%
iii. Compensation will never exceed the total amount paid for the hosting for the month in question
iv. Exclusions to points 3.i. and 3.ii.
1. If calls, emails or errors are logged outside of the hours or contact methods provided, Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd will aim to respond within a timely manner however, no guarantees can be given
2. Should the client fail to pay for their hosting package or are in breach of any other terms within this agreement, Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd are not bound to providing the Hosting SLA
4. Ongoing Support
i. Discounted rates do not apply to full projects. The total amount of discounted hours available per quotation is 10 hours, unless otherwise agreed
ii. Studio time does not roll month – to – month and cannot be accrued
iii. All support contracts are served on a minimum term of 6 months. After this point cancellation of the service can be made on a months’ notice and reverted to a “hosting only” package.
iv. In the event that a support contract is cancelled before the minimum term has passed, the full 6 month support balance will be due.
5. Email Hosting
i. Logic Design & Consultancy Ltd does not provide email hosting as part of the hosting contract.
ii. Clients utilising the ‘Google Apps’ service provided by Logic Design & Consultancy are adhering to Google’s SLA available here:
iii. Websites sending regular emails to members, clients or users will be recommended to use a third party SMTP provider to ensure reliable delivery of messages.